As 2014 comes to an end and we begin 2015, like many, I'm reflecting back on our amazing year. I saw on a blog I follow that they did top 10 list and thought I would write my own.
Top 10 things that happened at the Kresge house in 2014:
- Best moment of the year was Annabelle starting to walk, when she was diagnosed at 2 months old we were told she may never walk. She proved them wrong :)
- In April we received Annabelle's ProSlate which has become her voice. She has taken to it and does amazing! Everyone is so impressed with how fast she navigates around to say what she is thinking.
- Annabelle is vocalizing so much more. No words other than mama but her muscles are getting stronger and we hope and pray 2015 could be the year for her speech.
- Her fine motor skills have improved a lot. She is now using more mature grasping patterns and less of the raking motions.
- We added lots of fun activities later in the year. Now we have gymnastics, music, horse therapy, and dance class. I'm looking into a special yoga for over the winter, it's taught by an OT.
- In November we started going to a feeding therapy at Step by Step (the agency we used for EI so we get to see lots of old faces). We have already seen so many improvements, now we have worked up to fork mashed foods rather than puree.
- Annabelle rode in her first horse show. She did a great job!
- Daddy celebrated his 40th birthday! We had a big party for him and all had a great time.
- We started riding at Never Say Never stables in Webster for the summer.
- Another year seizure free!!!!!!!
That about sums up our year. Lots of new friends, old friends, fun, & play dates. We also had some tears, hard work, and a lot of determination. Looking forward to what 2015 brings. Happy New Year!
|Visit from Grandma and PaPa Elder|
|Father's Day pic|
|Flat Stanley came from our friend Sean in CA|
|Holding a snake at the museum bday party|
|Easter at Eastview mall|
|best buds <3|
|Fun with daddy at the park|
|New big girl bed!|
|New splash park|
|Hanging out with Ella at a fundraiser|
|Love our car naps|
|haircut at Golden Shears|
|with Scarlett after school on Halloween|
|First time at the circus|
|2nd year of preschool pics|
|Thanksgiving with cousins Curtis & Sydney|
|On the Dancing with Denise float for the electric parade|
|Annabelle playing with Annabel before gymnastics|
|Smiles for santa|
|Lots of snow to play in|
|St Patricks Day parade (this year she will walk in it)|
|New house - even Clyde likes it!|
|With her friends at her 1/2 birthday party in June|
|Zoo fun with daddy|
|4th of July|
|Pool fun at Grace's house|
|Doing some painting |
|At the zoo with her friend Grace|
|Shaving cream fun|
|First dance class |
|First ferris wheel - she loved it|
|Annabelle & Scarlett at a local farm before Halloween|
|Minnie before trick or treating|
|Watching santa's video to her on Portable North Pole|
Post a Comment